Saturday, April 18, 2020

Scarlet Heart Ryeo

"So just follow your heart and live. Do everything you want to do and live however you want" - Hae Soo

In this life, we must proceed what we want in life. It is our decision and it is our choice to choose what path we are going to take. By the time comes when we really choose the goal or dream that keeps our hearts burning we would never feel unsatisfied but instead feel blessed because this is what we truly wanted. 

There may be moments when we feel like the goals we wanted to achieve seemed to be in a path where we can't take but it doesn't mean we cannot. We can always put our dreams aside (easier said than done),  if things doesn't come the way you plan it, you can always look back at the dreams you once built :) There's no age limit in pursuing our dreams:) Whatever you choose in life... you go for it! Ganbaterru! 

Here I am again quoting our heroine's words and make it as is if these words are directly to me, because the phrase didn't actually say so in the drama (Hahahaha). Scarlet Heart Ryeo would definitely leave a scar in your heart once you watch this drama and you'll definitely wish that there's a second season to this heart wrenching series!

As a saguek drama, I was 100% sure this wouldn't end in a happy ending and I was right all along! Sageuk drama's would always start as a funny and warm, but as the story progress, it would totally left you crying! (Okay well not everyone might be crying but I did so yeah!) 

My feelings were all played on from the start. When I started watching the drama I was definitely rooting for HAe Soo and  Wang Wook! They're so perfect for each other! But since things weren't possible for them, my heart suddenly starts rooting Wang So in the end. 


Wang So was a troubled character from it's write up. It felt like the writer had given him all the pain in the world that he has to be that way. But deep inside that strong personality lies a heart of a prince (so what's a heart of a prince Janine? hahaha)


Since it's a time jump drama, and changing the past wouldn't do good in the future, things are just too complicated as soon as our Prince Wang Soo had sat into the throne. TRUE LOVE EXISTS but not in this time and true love is hard to find especially when that person is a part of history. IU was HAESOO! I love how she was in this drama. She has such a pure heart! 

Scarlet Heart Ryeo is loosely base on history and it followed the timeline of King Taejo, Jeonjong, and Gwangjoo. The Kilig was there, but sudden turn of events and devastating happenings to the characters is so frustrating that why does it have to be this way. But since it's a historical drama the rules of politics and monarchy shouldn't be abide.  The LOVE LINES are all tragic! I wouldn't dwell deep into it's story but they're all heart wrenching. I guess all princes didn't had their happy endings. 

"NO one in this world has an easy life" - Hae Soo
 But it's up to us how to make our life easy. (i know easier said than done) 

If you're into historical dramas like I do, this drama would fit perfectly for you and the Wang Princes are all adorable and funny!

Thank you for taking time reading my blog! I hope that you're okay and healthy! I hope your dreams would come true and so as my dreams! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

26 things I have learned in Life and in achieving my dreams

Happy Birthday To ME!! Feelings about being 26, well not that much, I still feel the same but this time I am a little bit of “gigil” in d...