Monday, April 20, 2020

Dear Judge (Your Honor)

"Every wound exists in the present. They pop into your head every so often and drive you mad. Ignoring them doesn't make them go away" -Han Kang Ho

I won't dwell to much on how this quote had affect me. I guess, the quote itself is already the explanation. It's true ignoring them doesn't make them go away, but in reality we have to face the wound of our past in order for us to move forward. So that we won't be stuck in the memories of our own pain. 


Your Honor is a kdrama series about twins Han Kang Ho and Han Soo Ho who have led in different lives. Han Kang Ho is a repeated criminal while his twin brother is a respectable judge. Their lives abruptly changed when Han Soo Ho (The judge) suddenly disappears, and Kang Ho had to step in to fill his brother's place.

 Your Honor is a legal drama that focuses about time frames of how a case is handled, it also had little bit of politics along the way, and the drug case of chaebols.

The reason I have watched this drama is because of Yoon Shi Yoon. Watching him playing dual roles excite me. Kang Ho who leds a life behind bars repeatedly and has been always beneath the shadow of his brother Han Soo (I really don't like this character! He's beyond cold and a jerk!). Han Soo was a respected judge and had a misdismeanor behind his respectability and that made me even dislike his character.

Yoon Shi Yoon never disappoints. You would immediately notice whose who.
Han Soo's eyes seemed to be super sad in a way that I just don't understand why. He's eyes may look kind but it doesn't. I kinda felt like he's character was a bit cut short because I was waiting for him to return to the bench and do his last farewell as a judge. 

On the other hand, Kang Ho's eyes were more happier and brighter. Despite of what had happened to him in the past, he's character seemed to be more positive and he really wanted to do good this time. I kinda feel that he's more of a respected judge than his brother. He's character is very lively and funny. That moment when you're finally getting the jist of the scene, here comes KANG HO with his comedic skills making you laugh. 

(I have said this on my previous blog but Yoon Si Yoon is the only actor can pull off this kind of comedy) 

The relationship between the siblings was distraught. They didn't had a good relationship ever since the beginning and their mother was in between why they're relationship never foster. I also kinda felt that they never really had a time to be okay. (Maybe it's really hard to shoot two Yoon Si Yoon at the same time) 

The series was fun to watch, I love how the story blended on it's proper places. I also needed to point out the chemistry between Kang Ho and So Eun. It was shinning from beginning to end. I love how So Eun was also the source of Kang Ho's growth. At first Kang Ho was about rebelling on the law and wanting money but as the series progress he's now into the cases he handles and finds out how to apply the law to those cases. 

Okay I don't like this character but I like Oppa in a serious mode sometimes hahahahaha

Before I end this blog, I was excited to watch Kwon Nara here because of Itaewon Class (I just wished that there are more screentime between Han Soo Ho and Her) 

I'm not a review expert but I really enjoyed the drama hihihihi... Thank you so much for dropping by! May your dreams do come true! Stay safe! SPICE!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

26 things I have learned in Life and in achieving my dreams

Happy Birthday To ME!! Feelings about being 26, well not that much, I still feel the same but this time I am a little bit of “gigil” in d...