Saturday, April 11, 2020

Good Friday: Jesus of Nazareth

" Don't be afraid, I will always be with you everyday till the end" 
- Jesus 

Watched Jesus of Nazareth with my mom (6 hours time frame).

This is the month where I get to spend most of the time with God. We get to visit different churches, we listen to mass, and to go on processions.

But due to community quarantine, we didn't had the chance to go on Visita Iglesia, to go on mass, and even go to our province and experience the Lenten Season again. So my mom and I went on watching movies about Him. There's the Young Messiah (which was dubbed in Tagalog), the Bible (the series that was always shown during lent), Passion of the Christ and Jesus of Nazareth where we watched online.

Watching Jesus of Nazareth shivers me down through my spine. I get really scared (well scared is not the word but MOVED) whenever the camera goes ZOOOOOMMIIING IN at Robert Powell (the actor who Portrayed Jesus). I felt like it was really Him. The Lord zooming into my heart and asking me "How are you my child?"

I couldn't grasp how people were. Even before (once upon a time), we are selfish, angry all the time, was never satisfied, even in the time Jesus, there were already people who were corrupt, people who do worst and gosh TAXES ahahahha.... I couldn't grasp how we are before and until now we are still (well somehow still has those attitude within us. Our original sins have been there).

I have watched a lot of movies especially when it comes to the story of the Bible but I couldn't help but to think how Robert Powel pulled the same look as Christ. The way he looked at his apostles, the way he stare at Pontius Pilate, the way he talked to Magdalene, and the way he looked at the CAMERA made me feel like He's talking to me.

Everyone in the cast, from the make up artists to the cinematographers to the director, it felt like this movie was a reincarnation of the Bible itself.

This movie was so in depth that they gave details to the things that was not written on the Bible. For example, St. Joseph, way back in our Theology class, I used to ask my Professor why was St. Joseph not in the picture during his cruxifiction, during the time of his death, the last thing we knew about him was during the time were He and Mary saw him at the temple. In the movie it was shown that he died maybe because he was sick or maybe of old age or maybe this really happened in reality, he really died  (the film had given him the ending that I was asking).

The movie (of course all films related to his cruxifiction) was heart wrenching. The Lord gave His only son to save us from all our sins. Today, I really pray that we will be saved from this pandemic. As COVID-19 has been scaring through the world and through our healths, I really hope that God would help us get this through, I pray that our frontliners would be all okay and healthy. I pray that our scientist would soon find the cure to this pandemic.

Tomorrow as Easter Comes, I really hope that we would recieve good news on the coming days. May God bless you always. I really hope everyone is safe and healthy.

To my family and friends who are frontliners I pray for your safety. Iloveyouandimissyou!

Lord, please do guide us... I pray for our world, i pray for my country, I pray for my brothers and sister...:')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

26 things I have learned in Life and in achieving my dreams

Happy Birthday To ME!! Feelings about being 26, well not that much, I still feel the same but this time I am a little bit of “gigil” in d...