Friday, April 24, 2020

The Last Empress


My heart had cried again! As much as I wanted to voice my feelings, this may not be a full time historical drama but why does it has to end this way. The Last Empress had followed the footsteps of Empress Ki and Queen Seondeok Drama of not having the happy ending (in terms of love) they deserve but the Last Empress had showed happiness beyond love, its happiness towards life and acceptance.


I loved this drama because JANG NARA!!!!!!! The drama showed different women on different scenarios of life. Women in general are one strong individual. They make up a nation. A woman with brains could attain power without them noticing it. Women are so intelligent that they have overpower men which is somehow scary. I would love women to rule the world for they have the heart that embodies humanity but sometimes (NOT ALL), women makes other women feel less of themselves. But most women UPLIFT Each Other and that Makes a community whole. (well this in relation to Last Empress and to the world as well hihihii)

The drama was like a huge scale of roller coaster ride. THE CLIFF HANGERS MADE ME WANT TO WATCH IT MORE! I have finished this drama last year and I still couldn't forget how Oh Sunny had believed that her fairytale had happen in an instant. But that fairytale was doomed from the beginning. This drama had twists in a twist of plot twist! Within a couple of episodes, everything is so crazy! I mean there's murder, seduction, cover ups, revenge, a huge MAN TRANSFORMATION (hihihih), manipulation and all sorts of craziness.
Sunny Oh is a musical actress. She had a very lovable and funny personality. She had been crushing on the emperor for so long that when the Emperor had shown feelings for her (Which is fake>!>! ahha), it finally made her dreams come true.

But as she gets to know the gruesome world of monarchs she was into, she struggled to adapt the palace's rules and had transformed into an opponent serving justice for all the wrong doings the palace had did to her and to people she cared for. I just love how Jang Nara was in this drama, it made me feel the way she was feeling. She made me cry, laugh, get's kilig  with her. (As Jang Nara's fans, my brother usually says "Parte na ng pamilya si jang nara) SHe's definitely a part of the family!

From the very beginning of this drama, you know that "Peja", the Empeor is not in a good line of character. He delivers arrogance, selfishness, manipulative, a cheater, and in his mind he can never do wrong as long as the power is within him he's untouchable. But, yes there's butssss, in the progress of the whole series, he has a heart lying under that scheming man he is. 

Shin Sung Rok is the man for roles like this, he can be a man full of himself and may look like he would be plotting something mean to you but on the other hand, he could be a charming, funny and somehow a sweet guy who literally bugs you all the time. Because of that I do had a love and hate likeness to this emperor! ahahhaa

Choi Jin Hyuk is Na Wang Shik/Chun Woo bin is a bodyguard who had plot revenge against the emperor. I kinda feel like his character was like a background to Sunny and the Emperor, but he's character was action packed! I get so nervous everytime he's plan on taking advantage of the emperor seems to be on a thin line. I love watching him in this drama because he gives all the action here! And besides he's one cool bodyguard. 

Min Yura played by Lee Ji Ah was totally WICKEDDDDD!!! She was the emperor's secretary and LOVER! Everytime I see her on screen I really get irritated! She does a lot of scheming to protect herself in staying inside the palace. 

The major Villain in this drama was the Empress Dowager. She would really do anything to maintain her power including murder, torture and manipulation. She's a lot worse than her son (define bad parenting) :(((((

After watching the drama I was still rooting for the Emperor and the Empress to be together in the end. The emperor had done a lot of wrongful things to the Sunny especially plotting a murder on her and it's hard to forgive. It felt like their time for one another wasn't enough for them to fix everything. In the end despite of Sunny rejecting the emperors feeling for her, she did love him. :(((( 

This drama may not be your cup of tea, but it has all sorts of genres into one (drama, action, a little bit of lovestory, comedy and crime). I really recommend you to watch it. 10/10!


Yes! Out of the blue comedy! :) 
I really hope these two would pair up again! :) hihihi... thank you so much for dropping by! Hope your dreams would come true and stay safe! SPICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

26 things I have learned in Life and in achieving my dreams

Happy Birthday To ME!! Feelings about being 26, well not that much, I still feel the same but this time I am a little bit of “gigil” in d...