Tuesday, March 1, 2016

St. Andrew the Apostle Parish

Churches, I was always awed with the way churches are built. It makes me go back in the time of history. In this year of lent, Visita Iglesia is now fast approaching, visiting different churches all around the Philippines is one of my favorite season in the year. It’s a time where you can have your quiet time, to fast, to repent and understand Jesus sufferings for the humanity at the same time touring the beautiful churches in the Philippines.  So I would like to share to you one of the famous attraction in my Norzagaray Bulacan, the St. Andrew the Apostle Parish.
The church is located at the Poblacion Norzagaray. To get there you can ride a bus from SM North to Santa Maria Bulacan then ride a jeep to Santa Maria to Norzagaray town proper. The church is just near at the town’s municipal hall.




The original church was destroyed during the fire in 1959. So it’s classic and the simplicity of the present church was reconstructed in 1961.

(photonotmine)

Last year, the church reconstructed it’s altar to fit in the baroque inspired sanctuary and was blessed on November 21 of last year.


 “God’s presence fills the temple. And this sanctuary reflects and mediates His presence,” said Gaudencio Cardinal Rosales, Archbishop Emeritus of Manila, in his homily during the concelebrated Mass to mark the event. “Let your mind stand in respect and admiration when you see and stay in this place, as the church is reflected upon the majesty and divinity of God.” (Cbcp News)









And last Sunday was the very first time I saw the new design of the church. My heart was bouncing with happiness seeing the love in every details of the altar. Its delicate design and its gold painted altar design, shines in front of every devotee witnessing the house of the Lord. It depicts our love, devotion, and respect to the Kingdom of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

26 things I have learned in Life and in achieving my dreams

Happy Birthday To ME!! Feelings about being 26, well not that much, I still feel the same but this time I am a little bit of “gigil” in d...