Saturday, May 16, 2020

School 2017


"I realize with time that each person isn't limited to one dream, and nothing stops you from changing along the way" -Jung Joon Soo 


Joon Soo Sem is like me (this older version of me hahahha). I felt like as soon as I grew older I know that I didn't need to limit myself to just one dream. That I need to have branches and branches of dreams, that everyday could be a chance to make those dreams come true. A miracle towards the present I am facing. I felt Sem's words so much that I really felt that GGosh I am old! I understand and felt those words!!!! Even if I'm old that doesn't stop from dream a little dream or have my Big Dreams come to life and if it fails, it doesn't end there!

The story centers to students of Geumdo specifically Tae Woon played by Kim Jung Hyun (Crashlandingonyou, LAughterinWaikiki) our male lead who seems to be mean and distrustful but gave a funny, calm and cool behavior throughout the series. Ra Eun Ho played by Sejong (GUGUDAN)  is our quirky, cheerful female lead who dreams of becoming a webtoon artist. Our Second Male Lead, Dae Hwi played by Jang dong Yoon (Tale of Nokdu) is the class president who's perfect in everything but hides a hidden agenda on the side. As the story line progress, just like Eun Ho, I was so confused who the mystery X is. I knew it was him but ended up as oh it's not him.

School 2017 is like your past School series. The Moms are super SCARY, the Dads in this drama (well this happens in a school base drama) are a bit out of the picture except Eun Ho's and Tae Won's fathers. Just like in any other school based drama it also tackles about friendship through ups and downs.
This scene brings back some Descendants of the Sun Feels

And Rain Scene Dramatic Entrance from every Kdrama we watch :D

I also love the story between their timid school teacher Mr. Shim and Officer Han <3 and the partial love triangle they had with Mr. Joon Soo. I also liked the "Grim Reaper" Mr. Young Koo, who teaches his students in a way they would really learn their lesson.

I have always been a fan of School ever since I have watched School 2013 that gave Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk the stars they are now. I also enjoyed Kim Soo Hyun's School 2013 (it made me hate Kang Soo Hyang too much that I ended up loving her as an actress). But it took me years to watch School 2017 because I have so may kdrama on my list that I wanted to finish hahahahha.

School 2017 brings me back to my younger years (yep, younger years) when dreaming isn't just some past time, but something that I treasure in my heart. Something that I would like to do in the future because I knew it was something that calls me. School 2017 brings back our memories of our teenage years. School 2017 also tells us the different scenario students are facing; from academics, to friends, to bullying, to first love, to parents and teachers. School series always touches my heart and gives me the once "What if's" I had when I was younger.


"I feel happy when I draw. So I'll have a job that will let me draw for the rest of my life" -Eun Ho

I feel Eun Ho's words in this one. I always wanted to be an artist. I wanted to become a Manga artist when I was younger because of my love for Sailor Moon. It's one of my many dreams. It makes me really happy whenever I start drawing. Even if sometimes I felt that my artwork is not that great nevertheless I am really happy. Especially when others find my artworks pretty. What made me even happier is when she said "I'll find a job that will make me draw forever" this is me fast forward today. I do a lot of artworks and I am now working as a graphic designer in a company where I truly show my designs with love.

Thank you for taking time reading my blog! If there are any school based dramas that you have watched and love, feel free to share! I hope you are safe and healthy! SPICE!!


Life is either a daring adventure or nothing, You should just walk confidently toward that dream. What we find at the end of the road will not be a fancy destination but beautiful footsteps we made along the way- Helen Keller 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

26 things I have learned in Life and in achieving my dreams

Happy Birthday To ME!! Feelings about being 26, well not that much, I still feel the same but this time I am a little bit of “gigil” in d...