Monday, May 4, 2020

Soshite Ikiru



This line made me remember the younger self in me. I know what I needed to do, I know what I wanted to achieve but for me knowing what I really wanted made me feel like is this really the path I should be heading? I wanted to do something but just how?! I know it's there but how?

There are moments in our life when we get lost along the way and we don't know where to start or where to go. You know you have something in your mind, you know that there's something in your heart but you just don't know how (or maybe you just forgot that feeling of doing what you really want). Unending questions suddenly starts jumbling and you wanted to find meaning of what's really happening to you. But sometimes there are moments we ignore how it really "feels" because we needed to live. We needed to stay alive, we needed to work for our life to go better. I always say I can do this, taking deep breaths and facing myself with positivity, even if the pessimistic side of me just wont stop talking. I know that I still have a long way to go but I know as long as I walk through this rain, at the end of this storm there's the sun shinning for me and a rainbow waiting for me to see my pot of gold. 


Soshite Ikiru is a drama that starts during the time of the Tohuku Earthquake and Tsunami that hits Japan in 2011. Toko Ikuta (Kasumi Arumira) lost her parents at age 3 and was raised  by her uncle who runs a barber shop at Morioka. Toko is an active local idol in their neighborhood. On the day before her audition, an earthquake and tsunami hit Japan. She went with her Korean co worker to do a volunteer at Kesennuma (a place where people are trying to recover after the tsunami. There she met Kiyota Shimizu a university student from Tokyo who is a member of a volunteer group. As the two spend time together, the two had developed feelings for one another and had made decisions that would change their life forever.

(This Blog may have lingering spoilers along the way, but I guess there's none?)

The story started with "kilig" in the first part but will make your heart ache as you watch it and then will make you realize that every decisions count. Whether you think is right or you know is right, consider your feelings and how it will affect the people around you and how it will affect the person you love the most. Be ready on how the world is going to answer you.

The two main leads had their past written thinking that they were to blame in the time where they thought everything went wrong. Toko Ikuta blamed herself when the earthquake had hit Tokyo, because she wished that her audition wouldn't come. On the other hand Kiyota Shizumi mom's died of suicide and he blames himself thinking that he doesn't matter nor he does not supposed to exist. Two characters had find strenght not only in volunteering but in one another as well.

As they were getting to know one another. The two of them had separate dreams. Toko wanted to fulfill her dream of being an actress while Kiyota wants to do volunteer work fulltime. But things turned out the two of them had planned. There was no closure between the two of them. Toko, during her audition, faints and find out she was pregnant with Kiyota's baby. Kiyota on the other hand, was super excited that he gets the chance to go on volunteering full time despite his parents approval. Toko didn't want to ruin the chance of Kiyota fulfilling his dream so she kept her pregnancy and let Kiyota soar high.

I was shocked when the series were shot in some parts of San Juan here in the Philippines. Why didn't I get the news that Kentaro was here?!?!?! hahaha (Fangirl heart crying), nevertheless I'm happy that the drama had some shots here, and hearing Kentaro speaking tagalog makes me happy.

I wont go thru the drama because I want you guys to watch it. It talks about realities of Love, a person's triumphs, how decisions makes a whole, goals in life, setbacks, supporting your partner with their likes and dislikes, letting your emotions heard and reliving your dreams. I love how raw the drama was. The drama felt a realistic vibe for its audience. The ending felt too much for me. I remember how my best friend used to say that the wish of the heart was harder to fulfill than the wish of your dreams.

They love each other but they needed to move on with the reality of their lives. My heart was aching for them, but in the end this was the closure that the two of them needed. Both were happy saying their last good byes.... "Eto ung literal na pinagtagpo pero di tinadhana! Sakit besh!"

Thank you so much for dropping by! Hoping that you guys are safe and healthy! Hoping our dreams would come true!!! :) SPICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

26 things I have learned in Life and in achieving my dreams

Happy Birthday To ME!! Feelings about being 26, well not that much, I still feel the same but this time I am a little bit of “gigil” in d...