Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Visita Iglesia

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Holy Week is one of my favorite season of the year ever since I was a child. A week of reflection, a week of knowing Him, Jesus Christ and time to repent. This year, my family and I went on visiting 7 churches this year, so here I am sharing to you our Churches in the Philippines and my experiences entering inside the Temple of God :)

Day 1: 
1. Quiapo Church
2. Manila Cathedral
3. Sto. Domingo Church

Quiapo Church Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene canonically known as the Saint John the Baptist Parish, located at the District of Quiapo Manila, Philippines. The home of famous Shrine the Black Nazarene. 




Manila Cathedral, Manila Metropolitan Cathedral-Basilica, located in Plaza de Roma in the district of Intramuros Manila Philippines, dedicated to Blessed Virgin Mary Our Lady of the Immaculate Concepcion 





 Sto. Domingo Church, Shrine of Our Lady Rosary or Our Lady of La Naval,one of the tallest and largest churches in the Philippines, located at the Quezon Avenue, Quezon City.


Day 2: 
1. Baclaran Church 
2. Edsa Shrine
3. Fr. Pio Chapel

Baclaran Church, National Shrine of Perpetual Help also known as Redemptorist Church. One of the largest Marian Church in the Philippines located at Metro Manila Philippines




 Edsa Shrine, Shrine of Mary the Queen of Peace is a small church located at intersection of Ortigas Avenue and EDSA, Barangay Ungong, Quezon City. It is where the memories of People Power Revolution had taken place, it stands for peaceful demonstrations to Former Philippine Presidents Ferdinand Marcos and Joseph Estrada (EDSA 1 and EDSA 2)


Fr. Pio Chapel, St. Pio of Pietrelcina Chapel, The Philippines Centre for St. Pio of Pietrelcina located at Libis Quezon City. It's Facade was inspired by Church of our Lady of Grace in San Giovanni Rotondo. 



 Last Day: Our Lady of Mercy Shrine

Our Lady of Mercy Shrine located in Novaliches Quezon City.



After visiting 7 churches this year, every experience is different but the feeling of entering is always as happy as a kid. That feeling of kneeling down, closing your eyes and praying simple wishes and guidance from God is absolutely fulfilling. I remember staring at Papa Jesus in the cross, my heart suddenly beats so fast that I wanted to cry at the same I just don't know what to say but just to look at him. Growing up, I guess I was asking to much but at the end of the day He still answers me and make my dreams come true. But staring at him in the cross was one painful thing to see. (Especially when you decided to watch a movie about Him.) My heart and my tears is to one. I remember what the Priest at the Shrine of Our Lady of Mercy said, he asked three questions, 1. Do we already knew God? 2. Have we seen God through our neighbor 3. Have we asked forgiveness in Him? 

Answering his question while listening to his liturgy, I have question myself Janine have you knew him? Reading the scriptures make me felt that I knew him, whenever I am down or happy, He always remind me through my dreams and prayers, He was always there for me, and I know that I am holding his hand and his holding mine, that whenever I am with Him I am happy. And Yes I know Him, he's my Papa and Savior Jesus Christ, Have I seen God through my neighbor? Yes, with my Mom, my siblings and my friends, whenever my face turns upside down, someone or a friend of mine will whisper in my ear Don't worry! Have I asked forgiveness? Almost everyday :/ I feel guilty for not saying sorry sometimes, and it should be the first thing to say before you close your eyes. Saying sorry is a MUST Janine! it should be said Everyday! Now that this is His time, this is His time of showing me that He is the way, that in 3 days He'll be alive again, that my faith must be stronger, that I should believe in His words and in Him :) 

Entering his temple is one of the greatest dreams I also want to fulfill in the future. You can check out the different churches my family and I visited on their websites for information :)

Quiapo Church = http://www.quiapochurch.com/
Manila Cathedral = http://www.manilacathedral.org/
Sto. Domingo Church = http://www.lanavaldemanila.com/
Baclaran Church = http://www.baclaranchurch.org/
Edsa Shrine = http://www.edsashrine.com/v3/
Fr. Pio Chapel = http://saintpiocenter.com/Home.html
Shrine of Lady our Mercy = http://www.novalichesdiocese.net/parishes-result.php?id=40

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

26 things I have learned in Life and in achieving my dreams

Happy Birthday To ME!! Feelings about being 26, well not that much, I still feel the same but this time I am a little bit of “gigil” in d...